Sunday, April 19, 2009

New Media Scavenger Hunt


Since I work at St. Francis, I found myself noticing how they or I use new media. Here's the five I came up with.
1. Epocrates- A database of medicines the replaces the PDR(Physician's Desk Reference)
2. Tracking Board- This is a digital board that tracks patients in the ER and urgent care.
3. Digital billboards- There is a billboard that announces all the new deliveries that says things like "It's a boy......Born to Bill and Sue.....named Dakota.........7 lbs. 5oz........... Now when you're searching for newborn babies to kidnap, you know where to shop
4. Medicine dispensing Kiosk. You need 30 mg of Torodol so you go to the Kiosk, insert the patient's name and ID and it dispenses it like a Pez dispenser.
5. Envision. This is a method to display all radiologic test to a physician that signs in to the system. From there, they can pull up any Xray they need and view the film

No comments:

Post a Comment